Jump to contentJump to search

Financing your doctorate (scholarships and fees)

The German Government financially supports German universities, therefore there are no tuitions fees for doctoral researchers at Heinrich Heine University (HHU). If you wish to enrol at HHU as a doctoral researcher or guest doctoral researcher, you must, however, pay the social contribution for students. The social contribution fee is currently €321,07 per semester. All information for doctoral studies at HHU can be found here.

Doctoral researchers need therefore only to finance their living and subsistence costs. For this, there are numerous scholarships, especially for doctoral researchers from abroad. Apart from advertised positions for doctoral researchers and scholarships offered by HHU’s structured doctoral programmes, there is a whole range of funding programmes for which doctoral researchers can apply individually.

Funding for short term research stays at HHU

Responsible for the content: