Jump to contentJump to search

Enrolment as guest doctoral researcher from abroad (non-degree seeking)

Doctoral researchers from a university abroad can enrol for a maximum of two semesters as "non-degree seeking" students at HHU.

The following documents are needed:

  • Proof of acceptance as a doctoral researcher at your home university
  • Letter of invitation signed by your host at HHU - Form 1
  • Proof of health insurance for your stay in Germany (travel insurance is not sufficient)
  • Online-Application - In order to receive the link for the Online-Application, please send an email to Please state the duration of your stay, the name of your home university and the name of your host at HHU in your email.

There is a social contribution fee for enrolment of €328.29 per semester. Please note that you need to pay the complete social contribution fee, also if you are not at HHU for the full semester. The enrolment at HHU will allow you to use public transportation within the state of North-Rhine-Westphalia for free - NRW-Ticket.

The enrolment as a guest doctoral researcher is optional, but please note that you have no accident insurance through HHU in case you are not enroled.


Funding for short term research stays at HHU

Responsible for the content: