Enroling for doctoral studies

Doctoral researchers may enrol at HHU at any time and are not bound by the semester closing dates. Please enquire at the Dean's Office of the relevant faculty about the exact admission requirements, since you can only enrol after admission for doctoral studies by the respective Dean's office. You may enrol either as a doctoral researcher or as "Promotionshörer" at HHU. If you are financing your doctoral studies through a scholarship, you only have accident insurance cover during your working hours at the University, if you are enrolled as a doctoral researcher. This is of particular importance for doctoral researchers working in research laboratories. If you are employed at HHU during your doctoral studies, you automatically have accident insurance cover.


Registrar's and Examination Office
Building 21.02 (SSC)

Phone +49-211-81-12345


Office hours for international PhD students:

Mon., Wed.: 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.;
Fri.: 1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.

Information NRW Travel Card

Public transportation in Düsseldorf

Responsible for the content: